1/12/2007

smacky jack


Okay, so I have a statistics class from 7pm-10pm on Thursday nights. So, I'm sitting in this class and my phone rings. Luckily, it was on vibrate so nobody noticed. Anyways I pull my phone out and the display message says its my mom.....

I flip open the phone really quick and whisper really quick "mom I'm in class ahhh" and i hang up. I put my phone back in my pocket.

30 seconds later, my phone rings again and the display, once more, says its my mom. I open my phone and say "I'm in class" a lot slower then last time. I didn't hang up instantly and "JOSHHHH" blasted through the cellphone speaker so loud that the girl beside me heard it and started to laugh. I had to hang up.

The cell phone rang again. I wasn't going to pick it up. I shut my phone off.

Class Ended and I went home. I got home, and the phone rang. My dad was on the phone. He explained that my mom had been calling home for the last hour freaking out and saying how I was "cracked" out on drugs and couldn't talk and totally out of it.

I laughed so hard i cried.

After i was done laughing, my dad told me to check my house answering machine right now and delete the messages on it because the guys I live with are gonna think there insane.

I laughed some more.

Apparently, my mom, my sister, and my dad all called and left me a crazy message. Unfortunately for them, I don't know how to check the answering machine and can't be bothered. So, everyones going to think they're insane. Oh well.

I told my dad I'd call my mom and said goodnight to him.

I called my mom and the moment she picked up the phone i started to laugh. Not the brightest idea given that she thought I was on drugs. I quickly realized that and abrubtly beltered "IM NOT DRUGS." A large and long sigh of relief came from the phone. She then explained that she thought i had said "I'm crashed."

I have no idea how you can think someone is on drugs from the words "I'm crashed." Thats honestly the last thing I would think of. I didn't even know "crashed" had any meaning concurrent with drugs other then "the aftereffects of the ending of a high off of drugs" ....but thats only for like crack or heroine.......which is like crazy.

Now I got to think what would make my mom think I would ever do such a thing. Maybe she thinks someone stabbed me with a heroine needle or something.

***this is in no way being told to make fun of my mom. i love my mom. shes one of my heroes. shes unintentionally pretty hilarious. ***

2 comments:

Jonas said...

Why cant you just admit that you have a problem? You know you were "crashed". Denial is a vicious cycle.

Jash said...

i had a bad trip. denial is the only thing holding me together right now.