1/28/2007

Letters to the Editor - Issue 1

Dear Jash,
I went on a retreat this weekend with the christian group at my university. I had a great time. I played this game called squamish and met so many cool people. There was also this one guy named Stuart who said something about Winnie the Pooh being based on a world war. I didn't get it and he wouldn't explain it when i begged him too. I was wondering if you could explain for me.
Your Most Faithful Reader,
J-Unit.


Dear J-Unit,
Your name rocks. What it short for? Just a lucky guess.....josh? yeah, thought so. Anyways, I'm glad you had fun on your retreat. I'm sure with a nickname like J-Unit, you met lots of ladies. About the question, that guy named Stuart, well, um, he's partially correct. Let me explain it to you. Winnie the Pooh was originally based on World War I, but since I know World War II better, I'm going to explain it using that war.

Winnie the Pooh = England. They're the leader, but they're also a little slow.
Tigger = United States. They jump at every opportunity to show off.
Piglet = Netherlands. When the Nazis invade, "Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dearie me!"
Eeyore = Canada. In a depressed voice, "Oh well, thanks for noticing me"
Rabbit = Russia. Complain Complain. "Where's the help"
Kanga = Australia. Duh.
Roo = New Zealand. The baby Australia.
Woozles, Wizzles, and Heffalumps = Italy, Japan, and Germany.
Owl = Nobody. Theres just no country that smart. If there was an owl, there wouldn't have been a war. He's completely fictional.

There you go J-Unit. I hope that helps, but I'm going to be honest with you, you can pretty much apply characters to anything. Try applying Hockey Teams to the U.S. Civil War. I bet it surprises you.
Peace,
Josh

1 comment:

Jonas said...

Classic. Eyeore = Canada LOL.