4/03/2007

Official Movie Review: 300

So its like 1:30 am and I just finished watching 300 (online of course). This is gonna be brief because I'm so tired so bare with me. I'm trying not to be irrational because my imput is still so fresh having just finished the flick, so I will review with restraint in mind.
With that said, this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Absolute crap from beginning to end. The movie literally has no value. Plot: crap. Narration: crap. Character development: crap. Costumes: HA! Crap (they're practically naked the whole movie). Overall impression: absolute crap.
I never read reviews before I watch any of these movies, but I wasn't surprised when I just took a jump over to Rotten Tomatoes and discovered how many other people thought this movie sucked.
One critic wrote: "The stylized action, set to crunching guitar riffs, feels suffocating in its artificiality. The dialogue comes cribbed from T-shirt slogans (real men wear crimson!) and Bruce Springsteen songs (no retreat, no surrender!). Women exist either to writhe around naked (frat boys confused by the way Snyder's camera ogles the men can take solace in Xerxes' frenzied lesbians) or act tough like a Spartan man, minus the sweat.
Please, as a society that values good entertainment to forget the reality of our meaningless materialistic North American live's... can we forget that this movie ever existed and banish it to the trash bin of history along with The Four Feathers, Barber Shop, and Monster's Ball.

4 comments:

Jash said...

i liked this movie….
its so much better on full screen….
and you gotta remember its based off a graphic novel…
which explains the notsoepic music and final creditssss.
also those costumes that sucked took them like 6months and alot of graphic designers to make. bods like that don’t come overnight….e`xcept in my case
'
that is all

DSW said...

you just like to rebell against the norm.

Jash said...

me or jonas?

everybody i know loves the movie lol.

Anonymous said...

uhh excuse me, I like the four feathers, I own it.

Your big sister.