11/15/2007

Screenwriters Strike

So this isn't really brand new news (DOUBLE NEWWWW), but I'm bored and haven't written anything in a while so i figured what the heck.

So the writers are all on strike which means once they run out of pre-written scripts tv as we know it will probably come to a halt for some period. More than likely a mass amount of crappy reality shows will pop up to replace it. Sounds exciting doesn't it? What am I supposed to do...watch reality tv? Ew (I'm not dissing all reality tv...just a lot of it). Of course, the strike also affects movie scripts and whatever else you need scripts for (mind went blank). Tv is definitely my main concern though, I figure I can survive for a while without Transformers 2 and the next Steve Carell movie.

Now, don't get me wrong, I totally support the strike and what the screenwriters are doing. The writers make the show more than the actors do. They deserve to get more money and a cut of the dvd sales. I'm just giving a selfish rant because I want to find out who House hires sometime over the next year. If the strike is anything like the last time than I won't (the last strike lasted 5 months and was in 1988). So in defense for the writers, I'm going to blame the assholes not paying them for the cause of the strike.

For more info check out this article in the NY Times. It might be a crappy article. I'm tired and just grabbed the first one i found, but I figured I had to post some sort of link. So here it is. ilovetelevision.

No comments: